The seminar was organized by the Ministry of Environment and Water of the Hungarian Republic, Uzhhorod National University, the Commission on Ecology and Migrants| of the Roman Catholic| Bishops’ Conference of Ukraine, the Roman Catholic| Bishops’ Conference of Hungary, the Mukachevo Greek Catholic diocese, «Church and Environment» charity organization, Consulate General of the Hungarian Republic in Uzhhorod, State Administration of Environmental Preservation of Zakarpatska oblast’|domain|, Beatific|blissful| Theodore Romzha Uzhhorod Greek Catholic| Theological Academy.
Hierarchies and the clergy of the Roman Catholic Church, Mukachevo Greek Catholic| diocese, Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, representatives of the Regional council of Zakarpatska oblast’, scientific institutions (Uzhhorod National University, Transcarpathian faculty of Kiev Slavonic University, Judaic Institute|institution||), nature protection bodies (Zakarpatska State Administration of Environmental Preservation|domain|, State Ecological inspection of the Zakarpatska oblast’|domain|), Zakarpatska Regional State Administration of Water Management|, non-governmental public organizations (All-Ukrainian Ecological League, ecological public organization «Chystyi Bereh»|shore|) and Consulate General of the Hungarian Republic in Uzhhorod, during plenary and sectional meetings spoke and shared their visions of introducing the strategy of sustainable development in the Upper Tisa Region, which is comp-
rised by the Tisa River basin within Zakarpatska oblast’ and parts of
Hungary, Slovakia and Romania|sitting|.
The participants of the seminar|workshop| expressed|offer| their worries about
the condition of the environment both in the Upper Tisa Region and
in Central and Eastern Europe|all in all|. These worries were expressed by the
Church during three previous conferences devoted to these problems during|for| the last years|.
During the seminar the participants emphasized that pastor and missionary activity of the Church has to take into account the modern global|worldwide| calls of the civilization and flexibly react to them in the future.
The participants of the seminar|workshop| emphasized|note| that subsequent|consequent| degradation of the environment in the Upper Tisa Region is intolerable, because this region, which|what| is unique in geopolitical, ethnonational| and polydenominational| relations, can serve as a model of friendly and tolerant| relations between peoples. The participants of the forum noted|note|, that Ukrainians, Rusyns, Hungarians, Russians, Slovaks, Romanians, Germans, Jews, Gypsies and many other peoples lived on the territory of this region with their original culture, beliefs and authentic way of life|peoples|, each of them|what| conducted traditional nature management|, while not breaking the infirm|delicate| equilibrium of Creation|making|.
During lectures|report| and discussions|debate| it was noted|note| by the participants of the seminar|workshop|, that as a result of|because of| geopolitical changes|changing| in the 20th century,|century| a shift to a ‘consumer’ attitude toward Nature and Creation|making| took place, and as a result of different|diverse| interferences|intervention| – drainage,uncontrolled forests cuts, etc.,|wood|, negative consequences emerged – floods, landslides|displacement|, mudflows, migration and other phenomena. Globally, these consequences can be felt everywhere and that is why these very important environmental issues not only of the Upper Tisa Region, but also of other areas, were discussed during the international seminar|workshop|.
During the conference|workshop| roundtables were conducted on which|what|, during discussions|debate|, concrete suggestions|sentence| were produced in relation to|concerning| the subsequent|consequent| collaboration of the Church, science and the public in direction of saving|safety| the Creation. These were the following:
- To continue and intensify the foundation|making| of permanent| working groups for coordinating initiatives on environmental preservation at administrative bodies of all Churches and religions according to the reso-lution of previous|preliminary| conferences.
- To continue and intensify practical ecological actions in saving energy, rational resources management, safe wastes management and other measures by Churches and religions on the basis of their own
experience and by their own example|step|.
- To recommend all Episcopal governments| of all denominations to oblige the priests and preachers| regularly affect the question of
environmental preservation and sustainable development in the pro-cessof pastoral| activity.
- To recommend both the hierarchies and the clergy of all levels to begin an effective collaboration with state organizations (authorities, environmental protection bodies, educational and scientific institutions, water managing administrations|) and NGOs with the purpose of improving the condition|figure| of the environment. In this collaboration it is necessary to emphasize the issue of forest restoration|wood| which is|appear| very important in theUpper Tisa Region.
- To support|underprop| the idea of joint water|aquatic| springs consecrations|source|, which|what| can be conducted, for example, with the participation of schools, local authorities, representatives of culture, etc.
- To organize the conduction of the cadastre of age-old|age| springs|source| on the territories of monasteries, priests’ residences and other sacred| buildings|erection| (Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytskyy earlier specified|indicate| this)|in due time|.
- Within the collaboration between dioceses, parishes, sacred and secular|secular| educational institutions, scientific establishments, authorities, environmental protection bodies and scientific methodical centers:
— to prepare and publish a series of methodical elaborations|elaboration| on environmental preservation;
— to create a film and video collection|, a library of specific literature which|what| can be used|use| at preschool, middle school and higher educational institutions with the purpose of education of the rising generation about responsibility for|after| Creation|making|.
- To support|underprop| and continue the practice of the State ecological inspection in Zakarpatska oblast’|domain| of|concerning| conducting ecological religious| elucidative measures|step| for school-age children|kids|.
- To begin systematical discussions in the mass media of the countries of the region about developing a program of general actions for realization of the strategy of sustainable development.
- To prepare and publish thematic booklets – addresses|circulation| of representatives of the authorities and Christian Churches related withenviron-mental preservation|safety|.
- To recommend the authorities and environmental protection bodies to consider|consider| the Churches and religions as important partners in the general|common| search for solutions of the ecological crisis| at the international conference «Ecological Situation in the Carpathian Region and Ways of Its Improvement», which|what| will be conducted in Uzhhorod with the participation of the countries of the Carpathian European Region.
- To intensify contacts between active participants of the international assemblies on responsibility for|after| Creation|making| with the purpose
of conducting an international scientific| conference «Christian Ethics and Responsibility for|after| Creation|making| after the Chernobyl Catastrophe|disaster|» in
the beginning of|in the beginning of| 2009 in Ukraine; to discuss the consequences of
this technogenic| catastrophe|disaster| of the 20th century and make|accomplish| the moral
ethic| estimation|appraisal| of the Chernobyl tragedy by major denominations
of the Christian Churches and religions of Ukraine, Belarus|Belarus| and Russia during this forum.
- With the purpose of intensification of environmental| initiatives of the Church in Eastern Europe to suggest conducting the Seventh Assembly of delegates of European bishops’ conferences on environmental questions (CCEE) on the territory of Ukraine.
- To suggest to support|underprop| the consideration of the question of the ecological situation in the Carpathians on the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities| of Europe, as one of the most authoritative organizations atthe Council of Europe.
- To recommend the central and local authorities to support|underprop| the resolution of the International scientific seminar|workshop| «Responsibility for|after| Creation|making| and Sustainable Development in the Upper Tisa Region» and assist|assist| the subsequent|consequent| collaboration of state organizations, scientific establishments, Churches and religions, public organizations in solving thе main|main|ecological problems.
- To recommend the organizing committee to publish the materials|fabric| of the conference in a separate collection|assembling|, and also to promulgate information about the conference in the mass media|media| and in scientific editions|publishment|.
- To send the resolution of the conference: to Churches’ and Religions’ Leaders, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Secretariat of the President of Ukraine, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine,Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Ministry of Environmental Protection of Ukraine, Ministry of Emergencies of Ukraine, Ministry of Health of Ukraine, State Committee on Nationalities and Religions of Ukraine,Ministry for Family, Youth and Sports of Ukraine, NationalAviation University of Ukraine, Ministry of Environment and Water of the Hungarian Republic and Consulate General of the HungarianRepublic in Uzhhorod.
- To express|offer| gratitude to the hierarchy and the clergy of the Catholic Church of Ukraine for|after| organizing this important international seminar,|workshop| and to representatives of the Uzhgorod-Mukachevo Orthodox diocese of the Moscow Patriarchate, authorities, environmental protection bodies and all public movements|movement| and institutions| that|what| took|take| activepart in the forum.
Chairman of the Commission on Ecology and Migrants
of the Roman Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Ukraine,
Bishop of Mukachevo diocese
Bishop of the Mukachevo Greek Catholic| diocese
Scientific secretary of the seminar, |workshop|Associate Professor