regional scientific-practical conference
“Transcarpathian nature protection issues are our common problems”
Uzhgorod April 14, 2005
Participants of the regional scientific-practical conference “Problems of nature protection in Transcarpathia – our common problems” after hearing and discussing the reports and summarizing the proposals, decided:
1. To recognize the protection of the nature of the region as a priority area of activity of leading regional structures, scientific-educational institutions and religious denominations of Transcarpathia.
2. To create integrated permanent working groups on the formation of the strategy of nature conservation and rational use of nature in Transcarpathia on the ecological basis: working group on the formation of strategy of nature conservation forest management in the Ukrainian Carpathians;
- А working group on the development of a strategy of environmentally-efficient agricultural production in Transcarpathia;.
- А working group to formulate a strategy for the expansion and optimization of the Transcarpathian Nature Reserve Fund;
- А working group on environmentally-optimal planning for the regulation of transport and heat pollution in Transcarpathia;
- А Working Group on Environmental Landscape Monitoring and Ecotourism;
- А working group on the formation of a strategy of continuous environmental education and upbringing in the state educational institutions of Transcarpathia;
- working group on preparation of methodological materials on religious propaganda of environmental ideas and formation of ecological consciousness and responsibility among believers of different denominations of Transcarpathia.
3. To create a public regional coordinating ecological council at the Faculty of Biology of UzhNU. Organizational work for the creation and coordination of the working groups mentioned in paragraph 2 is entrusted to Prof. VI Nikolaychuk.
4. Comprehensive working groups to develop and prepare packages of documents on environmental regulation of major environmental issues in Transcarpathia based on local targeted funding.
5. To create and provide a scheme of constant objective informing of the population through mass media about ecological status and environmental problems in Transcarpathia.
6. To realize the idea of creating a Museum of Nature as a joint nature conservation project of Uzhgorod National University, Transcarpathian Regional State Administration, Regional Council and Uzhgorod City Administration.
Chairman of the Regional Scientific and Practical Conference,
Dean of the Faculty of Biology of UzhNU, Professor,
Doctor of Biological Sciences, Honored Scientist and
of technique of Ukraine V. I. Nikolaychuk
inv. V.G. Roshko, O.B. Wheelwright